Click or Press enter to Enter to Enable skip content option
Please Select a Section to Skip to
While we live in beautiful Southern California, there are both city and country roads to consider when taking road trips, extended vacations, or just making the commute to work. We here at Irvine Auto Center know how important it is to be fully aware of your surroundings, especially with a new car, so we’ve compiled a list of some tips on how best to drive in the country and in the city:
• Be Aware of Road Conditions- Country roads are notorious for being ill-maintained. Because they aren’t travelled as much as busy intersections and highways, they don’t get the attention they need all the time when it comes to keeping them in tip-top shape. Be aware of this as you are driving, and monitor the road ahead of you, looking for potholes, debris, and other situations that could affect your driving.
• Blind Turns- Country roads can turn quick on a dime, and while you have a pretty good view of the road in front of you most of the time, bends have a way of creeping up on you. Again, being aware of the road ahead of you is key, so you can identify the path prior to getting there.
• Animals in the Road- This seems like a generalization, but in the country, there are typically farms, which mean animals. Fences hold them in, but we also need to take into account broken fences and just wild animals in general. Don’t just assume that the distant blur in the distance is debris- it could, in fact, be an animal, capable of moving when you get close.
• Pick a Lane and Stay Content- This might come down to personal preference about which lane you should be in, but in the end, the less you bob and weave between lanes, the less likely you are to get into a collision.
• Don’t forget about your Air Filter- While in the city, you are inundated with smog, soot, and gas fumes from the joys of bumper-to-bumper traffic. By having a clean air filter, you can eliminate those effects and have a comfortable and clean vehicle.
• Find a Hands Free Navigational Tool- There’s nothing worse than realizing you’ve missed a pivotal turn and then having to go around the block again to get back to it. Finding a hands-free, voice activated navigational tool will cut down on headaches when the inevitable wrong turn occurs.
We here at Irvine Auto Center have vehicles for every terrain and need! With multiple brands represented in our auto center, we are bound to have the perfect vehicle for you. Contact us today to learn more- we are conveniently located where the 5 meets the 405, at Lake Forest Drive!
Read More on the Blog: Preparing your Teen Driver: Are They Ready to Hit the Road?
While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors can occur.
Please verify all pricing information with a customer service representative.
This is easily done by calling us or visiting us at the dealership.